Engagement

Engagement

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quick Daily Devotional - "A Dare"

Happy New Years!! I can't believe 2013 has come and gone. I can definitely say that it was such a rewarding year full of fun and excitement. There have been challenges along the way, but I am thankful to have them, because they are where my real growth has happened. Our lives are all changing, and I am so thankful that the love and friendships that we all share are growing. Nothing has been sweeter than seeing my friends and family grow in life and in their families. It truly melts my heart to see.

As this New Year starts, I want to challenge you! As you begin this new year in your life - I challenge you to Dare to see yourself as Jesus does...

That's right...A living, breathing, imperfect but beautiful, human being, cleansed in His blood. He sees you as He created you to be - not the faults and doubts we all see in ourselves. Instead of focusing on faults and failures, see yourselves as a daughter of the King. Guilt, shame, doubt - throw it all away! Psalm 34:5 tells us that "Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered in shame." Our past mistakes,  faults, guilt or whatever deceit we carry with us,  does not define who we are anymore. Who we are in Christ does.    

I am sure most of us as children learned the song, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine!" Well, the moment we accept Christ, that radiance - His light - is in us, and when we live and walk with Him, that light will shine in us. How comforting and wondrous it is to know that the power of the Holy Spirit lives inside us. One of my favorite songs to sing is about how the same power that conquered the grave - the holiest, highest power - lives inside us. What a wonderful, mysterious miracle. That alone, deserves a moment of thanks. Thank you Lord for such an amazing gift and for all the promises You have given us.

As you go throughout your day, look inside yourselves for that spirit to guide you through. We all have those hard days when we feel that the bottom is going to fall out - in those moments, look for that spirit. I promise you are stronger than you could ever imagine because you have HIS light inside you. Take the Lords hand and talk to Him, and He will walk you through those days. You will hear me a million times quote one of my favorite verses from scripture Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Hold on to that everyday, and say it to yourselves over and over. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are fearfully and wonderfully made!!!

Lots of love to you and can't wait to see what 2014 has in store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment