Engagement

Engagement

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

White As Snow

As most of you know, I have a very rare allergy to the cold. So, as you can imagine, I am not as excited about the snow storm as some of you may be. However, I can appreciate the beauty of the fresh snow outside. It serves as a beautiful, wonderful reminder of Jesus' love for us, His grace, and what He did on the cross for us.

This morning when I woke up, I could see the white on the ground but there was still grass and dirt coming up through it. Wasn't quite so pretty to look at. However, I braved the cold later this afternoon and walked outside for a minute, and the ground was covered in beautiful, white snow. No ugly, dirty ground poking through. Just a beautiful, clean blanket of fresh white snow! The crisp air felt strangely nice to me, and I felt completely at peace standing there in the calmness even if it was only for a moment. These verses came to my mind...

Isaiah 1:18"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow"
Psalm 51:7 "Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Jesus' grace is pure, clean, white snow that covers our dirty sin. Underneath that snow, we still have our ugly sin but His grace covers us. He paid the ultimate price for us. That is love, my friends. Grace that we do not deserve...a free gift to us. I hope all of you got to have a moment to take it all in today as well :)

I leave you with a beautiful song...
Jesus Paid It All


No comments:

Post a Comment