Engagement

Engagement

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A look back :)

I was digging through my Bible journal and found an entry from 1 year ago. It was awesome to see where I was in my walk with the Lord. I have grown so much and I love looking back at the passion I was feeling for life. I was very blessed last year to be able to be so involved in the women's ministry and it was the best thing for me and my life. I was blessed to lead 8 strong women in Bible study and it was such an awesome experience and gave me so much of the knowledge that I was seeking. Here is my journal entry...

“The more I seek you, the more I find you. The more I find you, the more I love you.”

I recently discovered the music of Kari Jobe. She is a talented singer and she sings with a love for the Lord that is undeniable. These words are the beginning of a song she sings titled The More I Seek You. These words have imprinted on my heart for the past two days. Church service this week was focused on trials and tribulations in life. As I sang, I probably came to tears 5 different times. During this service, I realized just how strong my love is for God. In recent months, I have grown to love the Lord more than I ever have in my life. I have found myself coming home from Wednesday Bible study eager to do my nightly homework and to research the verses and studies for the upcoming weeks. I have gone to the park and sat on a blanket under a tree reading God’s word and taking in the beauty of His work. I discovered the "aha moment".How wonderful it feels to yearn for Him in my life. As this song states, the more I seek God, the more I find Him. The more I find Him, the more I love Him. How powerful this one line of the song is. I can’t think of a better way to express my feelings right now in my life. I have a thirst and a hunger for God and His word and I have never experienced such joy in my life.

Psalm 42 moves me and is my favorite verse this week. This Bible verse expresses a thirst for God that is so passionate. The authors of this Psalm were sons of Korah. The story of Korah (a Levite who led a rebellion against Moses) described the ground splitting open and swallowing him and his possessions. Numbers 16:1-35. His sons were faithful followers of God and served Him later on.

Verse 1-2 : As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

A deer needs water to survive just as we need God to survive. We are so thirsty for Him in our lives and he gives us “living water” for our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment